This Policy applies to the users of the Alcoa Corporation Website including any local versions of the Website that Alcoa Corporation owns and operates.
Moreover, the Policy sets out information about cookies that are used in the context of the Website, we offer to you (the "Cookies"). The "Online Services" refer to the Website, mobile apps and all information and services provided to you in connection with your use of the website.
What are cookies?
We use the term 'cookies' to refer to all technologies which store and access information on the device that you use to access the Online Services, such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone. For example, we use http cookies, which are small data files (typically made up of numbers and letters) that are downloaded when you access our Online Services and allow us to recognise your device.
What types of cookies exist?
Please review this section which provides an overview of the typology of cookies that may be used in an online environment.
According to the ownership of the cookie, they may be classified as:
- First-party cookies: They are those being sent to the user′s computer or device from a computer or domain managed by the publisher himself, and from which the website requested by the user is being provided.
- Third-party cookies: They are those being sent to the user′s computer or device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by a different entity who processes the information collected through cookies.
According to the lifespan of the cookie, they may be classified as:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store information while the user visits a website.
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the information stored in the computer or device may be accessed and processed over a period of time defined by the owner of the cookie, timeframe which can vary between a few minutes to several years.
According to the purpose of the cookie, they may be classified as:
- Analytical cookies: They are those that, processed either by the publisher itself, or by third-parties, allow for the quantification of the number of users and thus the measurement and statistical analysis of the web′s usage. To that end, an analysis of the users′ browsing the web is carried out for the purpose of improving the products and services offered.
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow for the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested page is provided, based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which ads are being displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They are those that allow for the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested page is provided. In particular, these cookies store information on the users′ behavior, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing to develop a specific profile in order to display advertising based on the same. It is also possible that by visiting a website, or by opening an e-mail or a message containing an ad or a promotion, a cookie is installed on the user′s browser for the purpose of displaying subsequent advertising related to previous searches and developing a control of the ads concerning, for example, the number of views, the location in which they appear, the times at which they are displayed etc.
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services provided therein, such as, web traffic management, information or session identification, access restricted content or sections, remember items included in an order, carry out the order purchase process, submit an application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for video or audio broadcasting or share content on social networks.
- Personalization cookies: They are those that allow the user to access the website, platform or application, using predefined generic features based on a series of criteria set by the user′s computer or device, such as the language, the type of browser or the locale from which the website is accessed etc.
Which cookies do we use and why do we use them?
The following table sets out the different categories of Cookies that the Online Services use and why we use them.
How can you exercise your choices regarding the installation/removal of cookies?
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept Cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Online Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove Cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Online Services.
You may be able to control whether or not you accept Cookies through the settings of your own web browser or smartphone. Your web browser or smartphone gives you the option to delete all cookies, including all of our Cookies. Please note, however, that disabling Cookies in your browser may result in preventing access to some or all of the features of our Online Services and we decline any liability in this respect.
Explanations about how to manage settings of your web browser is often provided by your web browser on the "help" menu of your browser.
You may allow, block, or remove Cookies installed on your own device by changing the configuration of your browser. For additional information on how to block Cookies, you may access the following sections and links concerning the most popular browsers:
As an additional step, concerning third-parties Cookies aiming at providing you with interest-based advertising, please note that third parties can participate in one of the following self-regulatory programs for online behavioural advertising, with corresponding user opt-outs:
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) - (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/)
- Google Analytics - (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
If at any time you do not want your personal data to be used to allow third-parties to display advertisements or to personalise advertisements displayed to you, you can adjust your settings by using the tools provided by these third-parties (e.g. Google, Facebook) or through one of the above self-regulatory programs for online behavioural advertising, if the third party participates in one of them.
Most mobile devices provide you control over tracking for advertising purposes via the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (more specific information for iOS devices here) or the “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” setting (more specific information for Android devices here).
For further information about Cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
May 25, 2018